Are you the type of gamer to hide out in your room and game on the down-low? Or do you prefer to take enjoyment from LAN parties and MMOs? Do you game every night without fail, or only occasionally when you need a break from the real world? Are you into sci-fi, sports, adventure, combat or role-play?
We delve into the array of different gamers out there. Read ahead to find out which type of gamer you are!
Note: this article is satirical and should be taken with a grain of salt.
– Buys every game as soon as it is released.
– Your games take up more space in your room than your bed and desk combined.
– You never shut up about aforementioned collection of games, and how it is bigger and better than everyone else’s.
– Loves his/her sporting games.
– Hosts FIFA Fridays on the regular.
– Most commonly doesn’t play sports IRL, yet knows a lot about them from gaming.
– Constantly yells at the referee.
The Night Owl
– Games through the night.
– Always rocks up to uni/school/work looking like a zombie.
– Can’t live with non-gamer roommates (unless they are incredibly deep sleepers).
– Lives on coffee and redbull.
– Knows (read: thinks they know) everything about gaming, and shares said knowledge with everyone both online and IRL.
– You are always up to date with the latest gaming news.
– Always the first to tell mates when there’s a new game or console released.
– Goes to multiple midnight game launches a year.
– Always has a good tell-tale about their latest gaming feat.
– Caught searching high scores and alias usernames to impersonate.
– Has a killstrike count twice as big as yours.
– Loves trolling his/her friends on TeamSpeak or Skype.
The Ultimate Set-Up Gamer
– Has three different sized monitors.
– Swears by buying only the highest quality gaming equipment.
– Constantly brags about their super comfortable gaming chair and makes every visitor try it out.
The Sci-Fi Geek
– Loves a good space simulation.
– Still plays Star Wars: Dark Forces.
– Constantly comparing quality of graphics and dimensions.
The Closet Gamer
– Pretends to know nothing about gaming; hides set-up in bedroom cupboard.
– Always has a different excuse for not going out with their friends.
– Roommates are the only ones who know their true gaming secret.
– Somehow manages to win every game.
– Has the inside scoop on all the cheats and level busters.
– Possibly has secret robot that has been trained to play/win.
The Sore Loser
– Pretty self-explanatory… hates losing.
– Regularly found throwing controller on ground and muttering swear words.
– Spends a lot of time trying to reclaim their title/reputation.
– Doesn’t own a gaming setup, just stinges off gamer mates with multiple controllers.
– “Borrows” for extended periods of time.
– Always sends a text before LAN parties that reads “yo can someone bring me a spare monitor?”
Don’t feel like you fit into any of these categories, or have a suggestion for a new one? Let us know!
ZQRacing is Australia’s leading manufacturer of high-quality gaming chairs, providing the ultimate solution for gamers who take their game seriously. To learn more, check out our products or get in touch.